Trinity Lutheran Church is a member of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod and was established in 1922 in Garden City, Kansas.
A Little History…
Trinity Lutheran Church, Garden City, Kansas, held it’s first Worship service in 1907 in a vacant church building. The congregation was officially accepted into membership with the Kansas District of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod in 1922. Worship services were held in the German language, with one English sermon per month agreed upon in 1923.
A Sunday School was initiated in 1926: English and German worship services alternated weekly until 1935 when the German service was discontinued.
A new church building, at 11th and Buffalo Jones, in Garden City was completed and dedicated in 1949. By 1959 membership had increased to the extent that two worship services were held each Sunday (except during vacancies).
May 4, 1969, a Ground Breaking Ceremony was held at 1010 Fleming Street. This building was dedicated May 3, 1970.
In 1984 Trinity Lutheran Preschool opened, and is still going strong, educating 3-year-olds and 4-year-olds.
In 1995 our East Education Wing was completed; in 2014 a massive remodeling of our Narthex made Trinity much more accessible to all.
A PLACE for INDIVIDUALS & FAMILIES to GROW
- in the Word of God
- in Jesus’ teachings
- in Christian relationships
- in both mind and spirit
…through Sunday worship, Bible studies, Sunday School for children, youth, and adults; in Christian fellowship, in a variety of family activities as well as opportunities for serving, working, and playing together
Sunday worship services are at 9:00 AM
Bible Classes and Sunday School for all ages: 10:15 AM with nursery care available.
KNOW CHRIST † SHARE CHRIST † SERVE CHRIST